MNC - The Company
MNC is a Geomatics Engineering firm specializing in Spatial Data Management, Surface Land Mapping, Geographical Information Systems, and Data Conversion. Our goal is to provide clients with practical and innovative data collection, mapping and GIS solutions.
MNC's core business is large-scale data management. Many companies claim to have mapping capabilities, but few can say they manage an entire Provincial mapping dataset covering a quarter million square miles (650,000 km2).
MNC manages this large data set, and has accumulated some impressive statistics:
- More than 1,000 digital Plans of Survey integrated monthly
- Over 142,000 Plans of Survey integrated to date
- More than 300 Survey firms submit their plans to the Land Title/Registry Office
- Created the "de facto" digital plan submission standard
- Introduced four new Provincial datasets; ATS, GeoAdministration, Title Mapping and Disposition Mapping
Projects that were thought impossible, too expensive or too complicated are MNC's specialty.
- The NAD83 conversion for the City of Calgary was estimated to take six months to complete. MNC completed it in one weekend. MNC completed the City of Edmonton conversion in a weekend as well.
- Other Provinces have spent tens of millions of dollars to implement a cadastral plan and have still not achieved MNC levels of efficiency. MNC completed Alberta's system for under $1 million and our approach required no funding from the government.
- The Title mapping program was considered a dream that could not be achieved without a huge infusion of funding. MNC completed it six months ahead of schedule for less than half the cost of all other estimates.
- Disposition mapping projected costs from various firms were in the tens of millions – MNC created and maintains the mapping with an innovative funding model that required no upfront money from the Government.